CSR | Green Key Certificate
ECC Leiden is owned & operated by Holiday Inn Leiden.
Green Key is a voluntary eco-label awarded to more than 2,700 hotels and other establishments in 56 countries
The Green Key award is the leading standard for excellence in the field of environmental responsibility and sustainable operation within the tourism industry. This prestigious ecolabel represents a commitment by businesses that their premises adhere to the strict criteria set by the Foundation for Environmental Education. A Green Key stands for the promise to its guests that by opting to stay with the Green Key establishment, they are helping to make a difference on an environmental level. The high environmental standards expected of these hotels are maintained through rigorous documentation and frequent audits. Green Key is eligible for hotels, hostels, small accommodations, campsites, restaurants and attractions.
Green Key Certificate
Holiday Inn Leiden puts effort into a better environment and a better society. These efforts have been awarded with a Green Key Gold Certification since 2012. The Green Key shows that a company Cooperates Social Responsible, this is already an important topic for several years.
The employees and management of ECC Leiden truly believe that professional guidance, expertise and additional services are crucial factors when searching for the perfect location for a gathering, conference or event. ECC Leiden aims higher and offers even more.
Green Key Gold
As a sustainable corporation, ECC Leiden/Holiday Inn Leiden is, as of 2012, certified with the “Golden Green Key certificate”. Through this program we take our responsibility regarding the environment and everything that is related to it, without our guests having to sacrifice any comfort.
First of all, the entire building consists of either LED or other energy-efficient lighting. Moreover, we greatly focus on waste-control and make use of soap-dispensers. When taking care of your Food & Beverage, we make use of as many organic products as possible. Final, at ECC Leiden, we take climate-control highly serious.
ECC Leiden consists of 7 meter high walls; all featured with 15 cm of rockwool, which is highly beneficial for the isolation, as well as for the acoustics during musical-events. The plenary room of approximately 2700 m² is being heated through the usage of an air-heating system, which is in full compliance with the newest standards. It ensures energy savings and it is being managed through our building management.
The adjustments of this label within Holiday Inn Leiden:
- The waste is carefully separated. Glass, cardboard, paper, plastic, food waste, fats, small chemical waste, construction and demolition waste are separated
- There are water-saving measures. The hotel rooms are equipped with water-saving shower heads and thermostatic taps. The sink faucets feature a flow limiter
- There is a decrease in green energy. The energy consumption is accurately tracked, analyzed and there scans find place to come to further energy savings
- The lighting is as much as possible from low-energy light bulbs or LED lights, timers and lighting sensors. Current in the hotel room is activated via the key map
- Information we offer mostly digital, this saves a lot of printed matter
- For the letter and print paper is exclusively used FSC certified paper
- Linen is changed during your multi-day stay in the hotel in principle every three days
- To hotel guests the choice whether they want to have the towels changed daily or several times like to use
- Our location is easily accessible by public transport
- Holiday Inn Leiden/ECC Leiden also facilitates charging stations for electric cars and also offers bicycle rental, including e-bikes
Our guests and Green Key
Guests at Holiday Inn Leiden you will find that the quality and service will remain unchanged. The environmentally friendly way of doing business increases the quality of your stay. Also as a guest, you can contribute your ideas, a better environment begins with us finally together. Together with you we go for Green!
More information about the Green Key can be found at www.green-key.org