Options and precautions regarding the 1.5 meter guidelines in ECC Leiden.
Update June 29,2020
ECC Leiden is reopened again on June 11, 2020, with standards according to the 'Covid-19/Corona virus measures' for meetings and events where sufficient distance is guaranteed. Fortunately, ECC Leiden offers a spacious surface area of 1775 m² in its plenary hall, which means that there is sufficient space and possibilities. The 2 foyers (of 233 and 300m²) and the spacious balcony / loft (431 m²) also offer enough space for receptions, break-out sessions, a spacious wardrobe and extra food corners, for example.
Before the Corona crisis, ECC Leiden offered space to easily receive 1,000 people for a conference. The ECC is now preparing to maintain a safe distance of 1.5 meters in various setups and for various purposes.
New visitor numbers
The plenary room, in combination with the loft, will be able to accommodate about 400 people in theater set-up with this new measure. That still offers many possibilities, especially because there are also several 'stations' where catering can take place with a safe distance. Parking is also no problem, the spacious parking offers about 400 parking spaces.
Walking routes are indicated in and around the location so that visitors can observe the guidelines. There are various entrances and exits so that visitors are distributed to the various reception and coffee corners and wardrobes. All this will be supervised by employees, so that visitors can find their way flawlessly. Due to this spread over the various parts of the location, there is no problem in the influx of visitors. Depending on the size of the meeting, the various routes can also be indicated in colors or letters, which visitors will already receive upon confirmation so that everything and everyone is prepared.
The catering is fully provided on location, of course with due observance of the applicable hygiene measures and regulations. For example, we will work with prepacked sandwiches and sweets as much as possible and lunch will be prepared on plateaus or a lunch box will be provided in various variations. Our catering staff wear gloves and face masks.
We place high priority on the health and safety of our visitors and employees and do everything we can to prevent risks of contamination. In order to receive our visitors as safely as possible, the location has been completely adapted to the new situation. Everything has been thought of and we meet all guidelines for a carefree and safe stay at our location.
What we do to ensure the safety of our visitors
- We follow government guidelines and recommendations.
- Our location is provided with information about COVID-19 and management instructions.
- Improved cleaning and hygiene protocols.
- Regular disinfection of exposed surfaces such as door handles and payment terminals with antibacterial liquids.
- We offer our guests disinfectant dispensers in public areas.
- Compliance with procedures for dealing with colleagues who are ill.
- Housekeeping staff responsible for on-site hygiene wear face masks and gloves.
- Visitors must follow the instructions of our staff at all times; they are there for your and our safety.
- Visitors must adhere to the signage and routing as indicated on the location.
Chat: Facebook chat (Monday - Friday | 09:00 - 17:00)